Reading University has a long tradition of excellence and is one of the leading student rowing clubs in the country. The fabulous facilities on a prime stretch of the River Thames, and the unrivaled fleet of boats, enable top performances on the water.
RUBC thrives on the tight-knit student community, whilst maintaining the work ethos of a professional sports program, making for a winning combination.
The University is committed to the development of sporting excellence amongst its students, and each year offers a number of Sports Scholarships to students who show, or have shown, outstanding talent in rowing. These offer individuals up to £5000 as well as lots of extra support. Other key benefits of our rowing programme are:
- Focussed on Sculling
- World Class fleet of boats
- Henley winners
- UK & European University Champions
- Coaching from Olympians
- International representation
- Daily water accessibility
- Within cycling distance to the University campus and the GB Training Centre
- Scholarships available of up to £5000